Monday, December 3, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well we made it back safely. Jake was great on the plane again and continued his charming ways as two stewardesses fought over who got to hold him. He's a smart kid. It was great to finally be home and we came home to ballons and streamers left by Kathleen for Jake's homecoming and my bday. Luke woke up as if he wanted to say hi and it was incredible to hold him again as well. 6 days is a long time to be away from your child. Jake will be in his casts for 3 weeks and then special splints will be made. We will keep you posted to his continued recovery.

We want to thank my Mom and Kathleen for spending the time at our house away from their homes to watch Luke when we were away. We appreciate it so much. We also want to thank my Dad and Stacey who came to Boston to be with us during this difficult time. I also want to thank Ross who had to take care of both of his boys solo when my sister came to support us. Lastly, thanks to all of you who have reached out to let us know you care, it means the world to us and to Jake.

Love,
L & S

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to know you three are
home and reunited with Luke!
Now it's time to celebrate Hanukkah
with your family. I am so
impressed with your strength
during this challenging week.
I can't imagine how difficult it
must have been to try and soothe Jake
through the pain. Sounds like he was quite
the little rock star!! I'm not surprised....
With love

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're all home together and wish Jake a speedy recovery. He sounds like quite the charmer not to mention a strong little guy. All of you remain in my thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful Hanukkah! xo, Corey

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the great news. We actually were checking the blog updates while we were in New York for a wedding and everyone in the circle of friends were thinking of you.

Can't wait to see you all soon!

Love Gidon & Elise